Talking to your family about your funeral is something that none of us want to think about let alone actually plan but If you’ve had to arrange and pay for a funeral for a loved one you know exactly how emotionally and financially draining it can be. With the average cost of a funeral from one of the multi-nationals being in excess of £4,000* and rising, it’s no wonder that people are turning to Pre-Paid Funeral Plans to alleviate the stress and worry of those left behind.
WHAT IS A PRE-PAID FUNERAL PLAN?
A pre-paid funeral plan is a financial plan that you pay into where you are saving up for your funeral. It allows you to pay for your funeral in advance while ensuring you wishes are outlined as well as freezing the cost at todays prices and you know exactly what you’re paying for….or do you?
Before committing to any plan check the following:
1. How much you will pay per month (if paying in instalments)
2. How much interest you will pay (if paying in instalments)
3. How much you will pay in total
4. How much the company will take in admin fees/commission or cancellation charge
5. How much of your money will go towards your funeral both at the end of the payment plan or during the pay in period (usually 2 years) and how much if you die before that time comes
6. Can you choose your own an Independent Funeral Director or are you tied to a Funeral Director that the company dictates.
7. How is your money protected should the plan provider or chosen funeral director go out of business
8. Is it actually a pre-paid funeral plan or an over 50’s insurance policy
By taking out a pre-paid funeral plan you will get a funeral but will it be the one that you want and think your getting? The last thing anyone wants is to believe their funeral is sorted only for their family to be handed a bill to cover any excess cost due to hidden charges. When you receive the paperwork look over all the details and if in doubt check with company or Funeral Director who sold you the plan.
As an Independent Funeral Director we only sell pre-paid plans from a trusted company who deal with them on a daily basis. We guarantee to arrange the funeral you want, that is within your budget and requirements, leaving you with the reassurance that your loved ones will not be left with a huge bill when the time comes.
We understand that it can be hard to think about your funeral and the last thing we want is for you to feel pushed into choices you’re not happy with. You may may not know where to start planning or how to raise the subject with your family, so why not get in touch? We will happily answer any questions you have without any obligation to buy a plan.